Saturday, June 14, 2008

We're Almost There!

Well, we left from home about 5 a.m. yesterday loaded to the gills and ready for the beach. Eve gets really carsick so we gave her some meds and packed her in the car, too. When she got in the car she found a new stuffed animal elephant that we named Panama Jack in honor of our vacation. But, she was most excited about the ziplock bag of "pappies" we let her carry.Thankfully Eve didn't get sick and we made it to Dothan, Alabama, unscathed. Aside from a detour around Pulaski Tennessee for a wreck, some construction around every major town, and a rock putting a crack in our windshield, it was a pretty smooth, uneventful trip. I decided that since we were traveling on Friday the 13th, we had done well.
We arrived with Grammy and Grandad at the Hampton Inn at 4 p.m. Our accomodations are very nice thanks to all Dad's traveling. :) Eve especially enjoyed having her run of both rooms. She opened and closed all the drawers and collected everyone's spare change in a plastic cup. We went for a good supper at Logan's and then the girls shopped at Target (it was across the street... we couldn't resist) and the boys went to Dick's and the bookstore.
Eve settled in for the night on the couch bed we made for her and she watched "Max and Ruby" until she fell asleep.

I wish I could say the story ends there, but it doesn't. I haven't mentioned any of the rest of the family yet because they chose to wait and drive through the night last night. So, this morning when Jay's cell phone rang at 4 a.m. we were concerned. We both shot up out of bed. Jay answered and the voice on the phone was Micah's. He said, "We are in Montgomery and we aren't sure which way to go." In our sleepy state we started to describe the directions. I actually got up and went in search of our written directions. Before long Micah let Jay off the hook saying, "Just kidding. We are just in Hunstville." To which Jay replied, "Dude! My wife's going to murder you!" A few minutes later I said, "You know, he better pray he doesn't really need directions later and he'd better not call me if he does, because I will land them in Atlanta so fast it will make his head spin!"
So, as you can tell, we are in for an adventurous week with the Stark crew. What Micah doesn't know is that the Johnson crew doesn't get mad... we get even!
When Eve woke up today I asked her, "Where are we going today?" She said (you guessed it), "The swimming pool!" I said, "Where?" She said, "Flordada!" Eve is ready for the pool, Jay is ready for the golf course, and Hannah is ready for revenge! I am sure I will have many more antics to report soon! :)

1 comment:

Tuck Times Two said...

She looks sleepy. She also looks like she will be ready for a big girl bed soon. :(