Monday, June 9, 2008

Water Baby

Eve has found a new love in the past week! She is 100% a water baby! We have been to the pool at "The Oaks" a few times in the past several days and she loves it! She isn't afraid of the water at all and she pretends to swim by crawling around in the baby pool.
So this morning I wasn't surprised when she wanted to forego the first day of Vacation Bible School and head to the pool instead. We were getting ready to leave and I said, "Let's go! It is time for Bible School where you will see all your friends." Eve said, "Well... How 'bout ... go to the swimming pool?" I said, "Well... How 'bout... we go to Bible School and maybe we will go to the pool later?"
Sure enough, we went to the pool after nap time this evening. We took our supper and stayed until they closed. She played with church friends in the baby pool and we tested out her new duck floaties in the big pool. It was lots of fun!
We came home, put on our jammies and ended the night with ice cream (with sprinkles on top, of course). While we watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8," Eve was sitting with me in the recliner. She likes for me to "Rock-a-baby" so that she can pretend to be my baby. I was rocking her and cooing at her. I said, "Can you say Goo Goo, Ga Ga, Baby?" In a very quiet voice Eve whispered, "No." I said, "Oh, well, can you say MaMa, Baby?" She grinned and in an even quieter voice Eve barely uttered, "Hannah." I abruptly stopped rocking and asked, "What did you say?" Louder and through her giggles she said, "Hannah!"
That girl! I tickled her soundly, read a Dora storybook and put her to bed with promises to go to the swimming pool tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I bet she thought she was a big girl calling you by your real name! Too cute!! I wonder if she will ever call me Sarah instead of Sissy?!? Since everyone pretty much calls me that around her, she may never know!

Lorrie Booth said...

I am so impressed!!! This is so you!!!! I hope I will always be "Boof"! I am still "Ham" to some and "Boof" to others! LOVE IT!!!! L

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I will have to get busy and start a blog! It is a great way to stay in contact with everyone!! Post some pics of Eve LOVING the pool when you get time!