Sunday, June 22, 2008

On to the next destination...

"Aunt Jenn" and I are finally reconnected to the Internet! We are sitting in a Starbucks in Sandestin catching up on e-mails and blogs.
The final day in Panama City Beach was fun and not without incident. Unfortunately for Jay, he lost the last round of golf to Micah and had to wear hot pink toenail polish to dinner (painted by Micah himself). More unfortunately for Emily... she had to clean it off! Sorry, Auntie Em!
At 2 a.m. on Saturday morning, everyone but Jay and I headed north from the condo. Eve road with Grammy and Grandad and looked forward to a few days with her Mamaw and PawPaw. Jay and I went back up to the condo very sad to stay without our girl. I shed many tears and Jay was choking them back himself. We knew she was in great hands, but have never been away from her for so long before.
Eve is doing great at home, though. She knows that Mommy and Daddy are with "Aunt Jenn" and "Uncle Jeff" and that Mommy is going to bring her a prize when she comes home. Eve is looking forward to a day with her Aunt Sissy tomorrow, too.
Jay and I are staying with Jeff and Jennifer at his company's condo in Sandestin. It is gorgeous and laid-back here. We are sad without Eve, but are excited about the prospect of spending quality time with good friends and reconnecting with eachother. Without Internet access in the condo I won't be able to blog daily, but will report with pics and golf scores as often as I can.
Mamaw, PawPaw, and Sissy: When you read this give Eve a hug and a kiss and tell her we love her, miss her and will be home soon! And we won't forget her prizes!!

No comments: