Five years ago today Jay and I were married at University Church of Christ among family and friends. It was a gorgeous day... about 75 degrees! (A far cry from the 32 degrees we saw for a high today.) Our wedding was a long-awaited event. After a really long engagement we finally felt prepared to take the plunge. It has been a wonderful ride thus far and I look forward to the next fifty years. Every year is better than the one before so 2058 should be an amazing time in our life together!!I worked this afternoon to put up and decorate our Christmas tree. It was certainly a fitting way to spend our anniversary. I was flooded with memories as I put our "First Christmas Together," "Parents-to-Be," and "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments on the tree. Then I was taken back even more as I carefully hung my "Baby's First Christmas" ornament and other special ornaments from my childhood. When Eve was finished with her bath she came in to help. I had left all the non-breakable ornaments for her to hang on the bare bottom branches. She was so precious as she tried to choose just the right spot for each one. When we finished with the last one she said, "What do we do now, Mommy?" I said, "Well, now we just look at our tree." She looked up at it and breathlessly said, "Mommy, our Christmas tree is bee-you-ti-full!"
On October 2nd, 2009, at 7:09 a.m. a second precious baby girl joined Jay, Hannah and Eve's family. With excitement, wonder and awe the family of three loves the new addition. As days and months pass we will watch as Leah Faith takes on her role in the Stark cast.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
A Walk Down Memory Lane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, does this mean I shouldn't put up the tree??? :) I actually convinced myself today to go ahead and put it up. I think it will be okay, if I actually do, because its in the family room.
Atleast she didn't break any of the "Berries"!
Also-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
**I must say, I didn't realize we stole that song from the flinstones! I thought one of us clever johnson kids penned that!!! :)
Post a Comment