Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving week has been eventful thus far! On Monday we had a yummy Pre-Thanksgiving dinner at Grammy and Grandad's house. Eve and Zak had a great time together, as always! When Eve said her prayers at bedtime that night we thanked God for the usual family members and before the amen Eve said, "What about Miss. Byers?!?" (Ms. Byers is what Eve calls her great-grandmother Byers.) So we added, "God bless, Miss. Byers," to the prayer and Eve was satisfied. Yesterday we came to Bowling Green and spent the afternoon with Aunt Sissy and Uncle Pip (aka Sarah and Philip). Mamaw and PawPaw arrived last night. Today we enjoyed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a delicious lunch and fun family time. We talked to family members that couldn't make it on the phone. (Shout out to Andrew and Kayla: You were dearly missed today! We love you!) Eve even helped with the lunch by stirring the hashbrown casserole! This evening we are planning our annual Black Friday shopping trip. Sarah is making the official list of gifts/stores for the day. For the first time ever we are going to wake up and leave at 4:30 a.m. We aren't usually such early risers (well, we typically leave about 5:30 a.m. instead,) but we are hopeful that we will hit many sales and get some great deals. Shopping is never without incident so I am sure I will have more to report tomorrow. :)It would be impossible to list all the many blessings for which I am thankful in mere words. God has truly been generous when looking over the Johnson and Stark families. We are SO BLESSED!God is good all the time! All the time, God is good!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving together! I thoroughly enjoyed Eve's rendition of "Little Bunny Foo Foo" on the telephone! How precious!!!