Thursday, October 16, 2008

Imagination at Work

Eve's imagination has really taken off in the past few weeks. It is fun to watch and listen as she plays and talks to her baby dolls, stuffed animals and imaginary friends. Tonight she came up to me with two plastic golf clubs. She was kind of banging them together and humming. I didn't pay much attention to her and even tried to shoo her away as the clubs came dangerously close to my face. Determined, Eve continued with the strange behavior until I said, "Eve, what are you doing?!?" She proudly answered, "I playin' the violin, Mommy!" How could I not have recognized it? Later, I asked her to show me how she played the violin with her golf clubs so I could get a photo. She gladly obliged, but very quickly threw one of the clubs down and exclaimed, "Wook! I twirlin'!" And just like that the former golf club turned violin had become a baton!

No comments: