Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Olympic Games

We have been watching the Olympics every evening. Eve is most mesmorized by the diving. This is surprising to me because I thought she would enjoy gymnastics most. It must be the giant pool and the people jumping in the water that she likes. Tonight we were watching men's springboard diving together. When it went to a commercial break I said, "Eve, you know, we are watching the Olympics." She said, "Lympics?" I said, "Yeah, it is when people from all over the world have contests. Some people are running, some are jumping and swimming and diving..." Without missing a beat Eve said, "And falling!" I had to laugh... she is right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! She is very right about the falling, especially the gymnists! I am glad she is enjoying them. Tim isn't such the fan so I have taped them and watched them at night. I like the diving too. Maybe I need to come to your house to enjoy it all!

Aunt Emily

Jeanne said...

What a smart little girl!

Melanie said...

Ok, sister-in-law-in-law, I'm needing a baby girl fix, so post some pictures soon :) And a funny story or two would really make my day! Thanks!