Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Johnson

Yesterday Andrew and Kayla tied the knot in Williamstown, KY. Eve was the sweetest little flower girl anyone has ever seen... of course! Rather than have her practice and have time to realize everyone would be watching her, I decided the element of surprise would be our best tactic. When it was her turn to walk down the aisle, I armed her with her basket which she immediately dropped, spilling all the petals. We ignored the fallen petals and I pointed her toward her PawPaw who had a supply of Dum-Dum suckers in his pocket. She couldn't see PawPaw so Daddy leaned out of his seat and flashed a sucker at her. I said, "Do you see Daddy? Walk to him!" She started down the aisle with the ring bearer trailing behind. Suddenly she stopped to chat with a lady she had never even met (she had red curly hair, though, and she favored a family friend - Erin). The lady said hello to Eve and told her to keep walking. By this point the ring bearer had passed her and was almost to the front of the church. Eve finally made it to Daddy and enjoyed her sucker during the ceremony. The rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception were beautiful! It is hard to believe my baby brother is a married man. Congratulations, Andrew and Kayla!! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm delighted to be the one Eve thought she saw...do you think she really remembers me though? We MUST get together more often! We're also in the same boat potty training. Mia goes every time I remember, she just rarely wants to by herself. Though the MnM's seem to be motivating her!