Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Happy Birthday

I am officially enterring the last year of my twenties. (Or, as Sarah so kindly pointed out, I am officially starting my thirtieth year... Thanks, Sis!)
When I came in from my training yesterday Eve met me at the door to exclaim, "We got Mommy a prize!" Apparently she and Daddy had been shopping while I was gone. Jay tried to explain to Eve that it was a secret... it was a sweet moment. They gave me a beautiful blue picture frame that is perfect for one of the blue beach pictures from Florida. Daddy says Eve picked it out all by herself! Today I had the joy of sitting through another day of training for school with my M.E.S. team members. (Go, Universe!) Grammy and Grandad brought me a cake complete with lit candles this evening and Mom and Dad got me the traditional DQ cake when they were here over the weekend.
A big thank you to all of you who have sent your happy birthday wishes via text message (Dad's wins for coming from the farthest away and Vaneece's wins for being the longest.), phone call (Special thanks to Mamaw, PawPaw and Lisa for the traditional Johnson song.), voice mail, e-mail and snail mail. (Props to Boof for sending all five!)
Birthdays are always a time to reflect on what a blessed life I lead. I have such good friends, such loving a family and the best husband and daughter for which anyone could ask.
GOD IS GOOD!!
P.S. I am sure many of you are concerned about Eve's pappies... or lack-there-of. She is getting better everyday, but still cries a bit when she goes to bed. In the mornings, though, she wakes up singing!!

No comments: