Yesterday afternoon Jay, Eve and I watched a wriggling, kicking baby on the ultrasound screen. After checking all the vital "stuff" and letting us know everything was looking good the technician told us that Eve's wish for a baby sister would come true. It's a GIRL!!
We are blessed and happy to have a healthy growing girl who obviously already responds to her big sister's voice and presence with twists and kicks. Now comes the major task... to gently break Eve into the notion that her baby sister will not be named Mary. We are feverishly working to decide on her name so that Eve can get used to it... I am not sure how understanding she will be that we will not be using her chosen name, but I know she already loves her sister no matter the name (and Mommy and Daddy do, too)!
1 comment:
Congratulations! Another sweet baby girl! I had a friend years ago whose little boy was absolutely convinced his new baby was a girl and would be named "Golda"! :) Luckily, they had a boy...sorry, that's not much help in this case.
I'm sure you'll think of something!
Post a Comment