Friday, October 16, 2009

A Sister's Love

When Jay and I finally decided on the name Leah, I will admit openly that I wasn't sold. I was made even more unsure when I looked up the meaning and found "tired and weary" next to the name Leah. After her two short weeks of life I have found the reason behind the meaning and decided it fits... When you have a 3-year-old big sister it can certainly leave you tired and leave your mother a bit weary. Eve loves Leah so much it makes my heart swell just watching them. On our first night at home Eve insisted on Leah sleeping with her "old bunny." This tattered bunny is Eve's lovey and is her single-most important possession. She was near tears (and so was I) as she demanded we put old bunny in Leah's crib. We finally settled on letting Leah have Eve's "new bunny." Sarah aptly pointed out that Eve loves Leah more than her bunny... now that is love! I know in time Leah will love Eve just as much... and as these pictures show, she will probably have a bit of healthy fear mixed in, too!


No comments: