The sermon at church this morning was taken from the song, "When the Night is Falling." It is a beautiful song and has quickly become one of my favorites mostly because of the chorus in which the phrase, "How I love you, child, I love you," is repeated. After the sermon was over we stood to sing this song today. I was holding Eve, singing in her ear, and she had her head on my shoulder with her arms around me. When we got to the chorus she raised up, put both her little hands on her chest and sad, "Mommy, you love me?!?" I smiled and said, "Yes, I do!" She looked at Jay, who was singing, too, and said, "And Daddy loves me, too?" Wow! Out of the mouths of babes! Though her observation was right... we do love her, it brought into perspective how we feel about God, "God, you love me?!?" We are SO not worthy of that love, but are SO blessed to have it anyway!!!
When the night is falling, and the day is done.
I can hear you calling, "Come"
I will come while you sing over me.
When the night surrounds me,
all my dreams undone,
I can hear you calling, "Come."
I will come while you sing over me.
When the night would hide my way,
I will listen until I hear you say,
"How I love you, child I love you."
When this life is over and the race is run,
I will hear you calling, "Come."
I will come while you sing over me.
-Jernigan
2 comments:
Funny what they comprehend. I was also holding Zak and he yelled out Child. Then later last night at home, he said, I love you child! It was PRECIOUS!
Ok, I'm crying! Glad you all are ok and things are getting back to normal. I feel guilty wanting snow. I called your mom to check on all of you, I was worried. I think God everyday for the wonderful family he brought me to! LOVE YA LOTS!!!
Post a Comment