Friday, November 20, 2009

Seven Weeks

It is hard to believe that seven weeks ago today Leah was born. In some ways it seems like she has always been here and in others it seems like we have such a long way to go. I guess both feelings are accurate... She has immediately been accepted and has expanded our family perfectly like she has always belonged, but there are lots of diapers (among other less messy things) to be changed on the road to being a preschooler like Eve. Leah is finally starting to get some personality. She is very stingy with her smiles and usually saves them for Eve. Most of the time she has a quiet seriousness about her that makes me wonder just who she will be most like.


Eve is just enjoying being Eve these days. Last weekend she was under the weather so she missed her first "Little Dribblers" performance at "Meet the Tigers." We made "real Lady Tiger basketball" photos instead. :)

This is Leah and her cousin, Scout! It will be so fun to watch these two grow up together now that the Puricellis are back! Eve and Zak have nothing on these two... instead of nearly four months apart in age, Leah and Scout are just four days apart! Scout already looks like the protective older cousin! :)

Kacey thinks Scout may favor his Uncle Jay in this photo and I think Leah favors her Aunt Sarah. What do you think?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

she does kinda look like my baby pictures...I thought she looks like me a bit in the first one too...but then, I think at one point I thought that some baby pics were mine and they were actually yours, so who am I to say! :) She is a cutie!! Can't wait to see her next week. Maybe she will grin for her aunt sissy!!

Tuck Times Two said...

I think you are right. She does look like Sissy. Maybe you will get her grins too. Scout does favor Jay, but Jay and Kacey favor so much; it will be hard to tell for a while. Whatever the case, they are both dolls! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

Amanda said...

The pic of Leah with the giant pink bow makes me laugh every time. So funny! Love you all!