Sunday, August 9, 2009

The offical last day...

Of our summer vacation is today. Most years I dread returning to school and leaving the "faux-stay-at-home-mom" life I get to enjoy in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I think I have just about one of the best jobs on earth in one of the best schools, but a part of me will always long to be at home. This year the close of summer is especially bittersweet. This was the last summer with just my "3-member-family." It was the last summer of just one carseat, tables-for-3 in restaurants, and time devoted to only Eve. Next summer will be completely different for all of us so I have worked to savor each day this summer. While the start of school is the end of one, thing, though, it is also the beginning of another... We are less than 9 weeks away from our next baby girl's birth and I can't wait. This pregnancy was far from easy in the beginning, but "baby sister" has graciously taken in easy on me the last couple of months. I can't wait for the days this fall when she and I are home, Daddy and Eve are at school, and I can focus solely on her. I look forward to having her join our family and all those things we will get to experience with her for the first time. Most of all, I just can't wait to her... I wonder if she will look like Eve, have curly hair, how much she will weigh and hear her voice. So, this year I don't look upon the start of school with dread, but see it as a countdown to a new chapter in our lives... and a countdown until the next stretch of time I get to be at home... I guess some things will never change. :)

No comments: