One Wednesday night a couple of weeks ago we were on our way home from church when we had this conversation.
Eve: Mommy, I see the moon up in the sky!
Me: Yeah! Me, too!
Eve: I want to go up to the moon. But, how can we get there?
Me: Well, we can't. You have to go in a rocket to get to the moon. Only astronauts can fly to the moon. Do you want to be an astronaut when you grow up?
Eve: No.
Me: Yeah, I think you would make a good teacher.
Jay: Or doctor or lawyer.
Me: Or actress! What do you want to be when you grow up, Eve?
Eve: (pause to think) Um, I fink I'll be a tree.
Me: (trying to stifle my giggles) Well, that would be nice.
Jay: Who made the trees?
Eve: God.
Me: What would you do if you were a tree?
Eve: Reach up to the sky!
Thus Eve proved you don't have to be an astronaut to reach up to the moon.
5 comments:
too funny! Looks like she'll make the debate team for sure!! :)
I "fink" she's going to be just wonderful at whatever she decides to be when she grows up. I always love hearing the cute and smart things she comes up with!
At least her answer is thought provoking. We saw dogs "eating grass" (according to Zak) and he told me he wanted to eat grass. I said no, people don't eat grass. He said yeah when I grow up. I said no, big people don't eat grass either. To which he responded when I grow up to be a DOG!!!!
THAT is priceless, Emily!
When mother was keeping children she asked a little boy what he wanted to be when he grew up. He thought about it then answered, I want to be a big boy.
I can see Eve making her way to the moon!!!
Post a Comment