Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcome, 2009!

On Eve's first new year I started a holiday tradition. Every new year I make some black and white photos of her in front of a mirror. It is neat to watch Eve inspect her expressions, look at her reflection and smile. As I look back on 2008 I, too, can reflect and smile. No, not all things have gone "according to plan" this year and we were not without heartache for ourselves and others in our life. But, we have arrived at the end of the year with far more than we deserve from God. Isn't it wonderful to be able to count your blessings and know that the good always out-weighs the bad? Despite anything that may have happened (or not happened) this year, I have a wonderful husband, a precious daughter and loving friends and family. Rather than make big resolutions that I am bound to break within a month, I think this year I will choose to take life day-by-day, continuously take stock in all the amazingly good things in my life and (most of all) give God the glory and praise for every single blessing. May you have a happy, healthy, prosperous and blessed 2009!

2 comments:

Mom2boys said...

Thanks so much for the picture. She is beautiful! We love you!!!

Mom2boys said...

Will you please email me? I have a question about pics on my blog. My email is snellmail@charter.net
Hope everything is going good. Love Ya! The Tennessee Bunch :)